From:
Arlyn Danielson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jul 1997 16:32:05 -0400
RJ:   I can see your point.  People should be able to get what they are
worth, but that is not always reality.  The museum field has no salary
standards that I am aware of, and they may or may not work as well as we
might think or hope, but that does not mean that we should not at least try
to establish some standards that would be adjusted annually.   What other
professions have done this with some success?  Or no success?  We can
theorize all we want. However, I would like to see some concrete progress.
 Thanks for your insight.