From:
Rick Simoncelli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Aug 1997 17:42:10 -0500
Our art museum finds itself in the middle of a dilemma and I wonder if
anyone else out there has been there and done that?

For an upcoming exhibition for which we expect a huge attendance, we are
considering building in the cost of the audiotour as part of the non-member
admission price.  Many of you know that this is how it is done at many of
the large "Convention Hall" exhibits like the ones in Memphis and St.
Petersburg.

The difference is that those exhibitions don't have members who either get
free or discounted admission.  So the question is: do the members then HAVE
to pay the audiotour price in order to enter the exhibition OR do they have
the option not to take the audiotour?  The point is that the paying customer
might opt not to take the audiotour and thus expect some sort of discounted
admission on the theory that the audiotour has a cost.

Any real life experience with this?  Thanks.
Rick Simoncelli
Assistant Director
The Saint Louis Art Museum
#1 Fine Arts Drive