From:
Robin Panza <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Aug 1997 10:16:10 -5
In article <[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask] (Stephen
Ringle) writes:

> sheetrock screws.  But, best of all: VELCRO sticks to it!  All the labels and
> texts are supported on the wall with little velcro dots. Valcro also helps to
> keep difficult artworks (=student) in place and level.

This message was, in my system, immediately preceded by one on Ketchup and
Chippendale, so I just had to combine them.  "Velcro" is also a trade name.
If you are using Velcro brand material, it should be capitalized.  If not, it's
technically "hook-and-loop", or Velcro-style dots.  Then there are Bandaids and
Kleenex and Levi's, and so on....

This is not a criticism, but just to point out how difficult it is to
avoid using a trade name, especially with new technology.  Patents guarantee
that a product is sold only under its brand name for awhile, so the brand name
becomes the product's name for most of us.  Puts the competition at severe
disadvantage when the patent runs out and they can start manufacturing the
stuff.

Robin Panza                     [log in to unmask]
Section of Birds, Carnegie MNH
Pittsburgh  PA  15231  USA