From:
Mariana Mace <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 May 1997 12:13:48 PDT
I am looking for ideas for low cost mannequins that we can fabricate
with LIMITED budget, and basic art/fabrication skills.  What I have
in mind, unless something better comes, up is some kind of simple
outline, padded to protect the clothing ,that can be designed to sit,
stand, kneel, whatever pose would be the most natural.

We want to replace our more than slightly inappropriate department
store mannequins with something that may be less naturalistic, but
will have the proportions and looks of the Arctic peoples we are
attempting to represent.

Suggestions of past journal articles, your own ideas and designs,
whatever, would be much appreciated.

And I will thank you in advance in case I get swept downstream from
this dialog by the next immediate project that I have to attend to.

Mariana