From:
Stephen Nowlin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 1997 09:58:07 -0800
Bernard Barryte writes:
>Re:  Erte
>I have this vague memory that a small, private LA-area museum
>devoted primarily to Jean Cocteau either had a major Erte exhibition
>several years ago, or had a lot of Erte on hand.  I think the museum
>bore the collector's name, Severan, perhaps; but perhaps I was just
>"California Dreamin'."
>Bernard Barryte,
>Stanford University Museum of Art

I think you're right.  I get stuff in the mail every now and then from that
museum.  It is in Orange County somewhere, I believe -- Santa Ana maybe --
but I could be wrong.  I think it is the Severan Wunderkind museum, or
something like that.

There are no listings for it in the Art in America guide, nor any
California listings for Erte except a few private dealiers.

Stephen Nowlin
Vice President, Director, Williamson Gallery
Art Center College of Design
1700 Lida Street
Pasadena, CA 91103 USA (818)396-2397  fax (818)405-9104 [log in to unmask]
Williamson Gallery website:
http://www.artcenter.edu/exhibit/williamson.html