Date:
Wed, 5 Feb 1997 15:40:21 +0500
In article <[log in to unmask]>, Jay Fahey
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Could anyone contributing a job announcement note, in the subject line, the
>location of the job. It's a critical factor and, more than once, I've read
>the details of an exciting job with the greatest interest -- only to find
>it's located somewhere in the other half of the country.
>Just "job announcement - Miami" or "job announcement - Ohio" would do the
>trick.
>Thanks!                                          Jay Fahey

as one who's a regular lurker at museum-l, i have to chuckle whenever a
request like this comes up.  it comes up quite often.  some people prefer
the job title in the subject heading.  others prefer location, salary,
name of institution and the list goes on and on.   why not dispense with
the article outright and put ALL the information in the header!?

kjk (havin' fun)

BTW, as one who's also looking for collections related work, i'm happy to
see positions posted at all!  keep 'em comin'!

--
please read the text before responding publicly.
i do not respond to unsolicited email.