From:
Helen Alten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Nov 1996 10:31:06 -0600
If you are interested in becoming a conservator, you will need to apprentice
with one before entering a Masters program.  Contact the American Institute
of Conservation for a list of conservators in your region.  Also, write to
the regional conservation centers.  Although we do not take many interns,
other regional centers will.  Some even pay.

Also, the conservation training programs (a list is available from AIC)
receive many notices about conservation and collections care projects.
Often their students do not fill all of them.  Talk to the programs and find
out what requests they have had for which you might be eligible.

AIC
1717 K Street, N.W., Suite 301
Washington, D.C. 20006
202-452-9545
fx 202-452-9328

Good Luck!

Helen Alten
Field Services Director
The Upper Midwest Conservation Association
2400 3rd Ave. S.
Minneapolis, MN 55404
612-870-3120