From:
Mark Erik Nielsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 May 1996 09:19:08 -0400
I would like to see responses to this question as well. Our museum is
currently examining the prospect of relocating and expanding our shop.
The shop is currently in an odd location and its too small, but we are a
small museum with no extra space, and we have obligations to expand certain
exhibition areas. One of my proposals had to do with combining some of
our decorative arts pieces within the shop environment. Although they could
have been installed safely, the response was cool, because some felt that
it would rub the academic contingent the wrong way. What do you think????