From:
Bernard Barryte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Nov 1995 14:08:33 PST
REPLY TO 11/29/95 06:25 FROM [log in to unmask] "Museum discussion list":
Re: oddities, specifically sex

I have a catalogue of a traveling exhibition, "Collection of Torture
Instruments from The Royal Castle of Nuremberg" (1893) documenting
the entire collection which was evidently purchased by the Earl of
Shrewsbury and Talbot and sent on a world tour (my edition is from
a NY exhibiton).  This collection, either in whole or in part, is
presumably in some museum or perhaps the seat of the Earl of
Shrewsbury.  If it could be traced, this would probably figure in
anyone's listing of outre museums.
Bernard Barryte
Stanford University Museum of Art

To:  [log in to unmask]