From:
Bernard Barryte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Dec 1995 11:36:22 PST
REPLY TO 12/06/95 06:11 FROM [log in to unmask] "Museum discussion list":
Re: SURVEY:oddest items in your collections

We formerly had Leland Stanford's locamotive (now at the railway
museum in Sacramento) but we do still have the gold spike that
finally joined the trackofthetranscontinental railway.  We also have
the ears of Electioneer, Governor Stanford's most famous trotter,and
we are rumored to have either a cast, model, or the actual remnant's
of Leland Stanford Jrs"last breatfast"although this nostalgic item
has not actually be seen in decades.  (Young Leland died of typhoid
in Florence just before his 16th birthday and the University and
this museum in particular were established in his memory.)
Bernard Barryte
Stanford University Museum of Art

To:  [log in to unmask]