From:
Dick Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 1995 18:00:06 -0900
Bernard Barryte said:

"We formerly had Leland Stanford's locomotive (now at the
Railway museum in Sacramento) but we do still have the gold
spike that finally joined the track of the transcontinental
railway."

What's odd about that? (Although I do wonder why people fill
up perfectly good museums with paintings and such.) I guess
odd is in the eye of the beholder.

Dick Morris
Board Member and Volunteer
Museum of Alaska Transportation and Industry