From:
Johan Bergkvist <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Nov 1995 13:51:09 GMT
I am interrested in "personal digital assistants" and their educational use in
exhibits. Does anyone
know of museums that use the technology successfully, what different systems
there are on the market
and what they cost.

As I understand it does the assistent contain information on a CD-ROM which is
presented to the
visitor through earphones. The technique resembles what you get with
taperecorders and hearing loops,
but with a possibility for the visitors to interact and individually choose
what they want to hear.

Any fragmentary piece of information is welcome. You can either respond to the
list or to me
personally, [log in to unmask], and I will compile the answers I get.

johan