From:
Richard Shockley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Nov 1995 13:02:31 -0700
Amy A. Douglass said:

>We have had several discussions here at the Tempe Historical Museum
>about how to handle acknowledgements or credits for our changing
>exhibits.  In the past, we have only acknowledged guest curators,
>citizen advisory committees, consultants and corporate sponsors
>but not the museum staff or volunteers who have had a role in producing
>the exhibits.

This is a timely post from our perspective.  We are currently in the design
stage for a major gallery redevelopment including exhibit area expansion.

We have already determined how to acknowledge contributors from the
community, but we are grappling with who and how to credit those who
actually did the work. I believe it is important that those people should be
acknowledged, but just how to go about it is another question.  Do we
acknowledge those who contracted for some of the work, ie case fabrication,
or do we just go with those on staff & Board who conceptualized and designed
the gallery expansion and enhancement.

I will be very interested in other responses on this topic.

Richard Shockley
Ft. Hamilton, Whoop-Up Interpretive Centre
P.O. Box 1074. Lethbridge AB. Canada T1J 4A2
voice:403-329-0444
fax:403-329-0645
email: [log in to unmask]