From:
"Paul H. Pincus" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 1995 17:46:37 -0500
The New York Metropolitan Museum of Art's Cloister Museum north of manhattan
has quite an interesting collection of playing cards.  It has been a long
time since I've been up there, but if I recall correctly, some date as far
back as the 11th c.

At 01:43 PM 11/17/95 GMT, you wrote:
>I am compiling a list of museums with interesting holdings of
>playing-cards.  This information is being made available to
>members of the International Playing-Card Society and to anyone
>wishing to pick up a copy of the file from my majordomo site.
>There are currently 21 establishments listed, mainly sited in
>Europe.  I'd be very pleased to hear from anyone with new entries,
>additional information and corrections and suggestions for
>improvements.  Note that for this purpose, the term playing-card
>does not include games cards (such as Old Maid and Black Peter),
>although some may be found in among the collections listed.
>
>To pick up a copy of the file, send the message
>
>get playing-cards museums
>
>to [log in to unmask]
>
>When time permits I'll convert the list to HTML and add it to
>the rest of the material at our WWW site.
>
>--
>Daf Tregear                             Department of Computer Science
>Systems Manager                         University of Manchester
>E-mail: [log in to unmask]                Oxford Road
>Tel: +44 (0)161 275 6227                Manchester
>Fax: +44 (0)161 275 6236                United Kingdom      M13 9PL

Paul H. Pincus
Bilbao Project Associate
Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum
Guggenheim Museum Bilbao