From:
Daphne Tregear <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 1995 13:43:46 GMT
I am compiling a list of museums with interesting holdings of
playing-cards.  This information is being made available to
members of the International Playing-Card Society and to anyone
wishing to pick up a copy of the file from my majordomo site.
There are currently 21 establishments listed, mainly sited in
Europe.  I'd be very pleased to hear from anyone with new entries,
additional information and corrections and suggestions for
improvements.  Note that for this purpose, the term playing-card
does not include games cards (such as Old Maid and Black Peter),
although some may be found in among the collections listed.

To pick up a copy of the file, send the message

get playing-cards museums

to [log in to unmask]

When time permits I'll convert the list to HTML and add it to
the rest of the material at our WWW site.

--
Daf Tregear                             Department of Computer Science
Systems Manager                         University of Manchester