From:
Farar Elliott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Oct 1995 10:00:41 -0400
I'm with Craig -- take a deep breath, Cari, and rethink what you are trying
to ask in your flame on the use of the word "queer" in common parlance.

I do not have the slightest idea what you are implying in your posting
beyond objecting to the use of NWA, but I get the impression that there is a
real question lurking in there somewhere.  If you want to explore contested
terms and who has the right or authority to discuss them and in what context
(a topic that certainly has relevance to museum folks), try rephrasing your
thoughts.

Farar Elliott
Director of Public Programs
The Valentine Museum