Date:
Thu, 12 Oct 1995 08:12:37 EST
     To whomever mostrecently responded to Eric Siegel's inquirry about the
     usage of the word "Queer":

     WHAT were you trying to say??

     Your reply makes it very difficult to interpret whether you are
     homofriendly or homophobic?? What does it matter if Eric Siegel is
     queer or not? Why was it wrong for him to ask this question in the
     first place?

     Your response makes you sound like you are either a
     gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender person who is somehow offended by
     Siegel's inquiry OR like you are a homophobe who is offended that such
     a discussion on homosexuality should even find itself on the museum
     list.

     PLease explain yourself.

     And for Eric (and all those out there who did NOT know what "Queer"
     meant before this dialogue began on the list), THANK YOU for taking
     the time to ask. I think it is terribly important that those in the
     Queer Communities open themselves up to dialogue with poeple who are
     curious, or even confused about what homosexuality is all about. We
     should NEVER telerate homophobia, but we should be willing to openly
     discuss our lives and our experiences withthose who want to know.

     Sincerely,

     Kevin Lind
     ucla