From:
Sally Baulch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Oct 1995 09:48:30 -0500
Our exhibit staff screwed 2 x (fill in the blank depending on area) into
the walls and then hung painted plywood panels onto the 2bys.  The 2bys
have a beveled top edge. The plywood panels have a corresponding 2by
w/a beveled bottom edge glued on the back so the fit is secure (a few
pieces of double stick tape on the bottom corners secures the panel for
the length of the exhibit.) The panel can be removed to patch and repaint
thereby not gassing everyone & thing out of the museum.  We've hung a
variety of paintings/objects using this system including intro panels
(it's easier to clean off the vinyl lettering and repaint in the shop.)

BTW, the panels are edged so they look "boxy".

Sally Baulch
Texas Memorial Museum