From:
Doug Lantry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Sep 1995 12:16:54 -0400
One good place to start is Warren Leon and Roy Rosenzweig, eds., _History
Museums in the United States: A Critical Assessment_ (U. of Ill. press,
1989).  This collection of case studies can help you narrow your focus
and figure out the sorts of questions you want to ask/answer.
Suggestion: read the diverse case studies and see what common issues and
puzzles keep popping up out of each one -- this might help you reach an
overall thematic approach.

Regards,
D.L.
Doug Lantry