From:
Doug Lantry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Sep 1995 20:56:40 -0400
Those who oppose resumes on this list are, I think, correct.  How is
posting a resume different from advertising?  I presume just about
everyone on the list feels the same way -- and I hope I presume right!

Job listings are OK with me, though, as long as they have a clear subject
line, like "JOB POSTING" or something similar.  The difference is this:
Job announcements MUST be broadcast widely to get at a large pool of
talent, but the responses to them can be sent to individuals so we all
don't have to delete the 10,000 responses for the job of Facilities
Supervisor at the Augean Stables Homeplace Farm and Reenactment Park.

- Doug L.

Doug Lantry
University of Delaware