From:
Linda Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 1995 02:45:07 +1000
Ivy Stickler hits the proverbial nail on the head when she identifies the
problem of 'micky mouse' museum studies degrees as a problem of perceived
value.

Believe me, I/we use all the strategies suggested, and I'm sure they're
useful in showing practising professionals what goes on in academic museum
studies.  Nonetheless, when jobs become available, they often seem to go to
the person with the highest, rather than the most appropriate,
qualifications...

Cheers

Linda Young
Cultural Heritage Management