From:
Linda Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Feb 1995 15:38:25 +1000
The local branch of Museums Australia is about to conduct a study of
museum internship programs in Australia: who, how, how long, why, what
criteria etc.  Internships of substance more than a day/week for a
sememster are not very common here.  But the kind I see advertised in
History News and Avviso seem generally to be several weeks or months during
the vacation, and offer money (ranging from honorarium to living costs to
salary), ie much more committed.

I'd much appreciate notes from people who organise or supervise internships
in US museums (or anywhere else!).  Tell me:
        what you seek
        what you offer
        what criteria for selection
        what criteria for assessment
        anything else we ought to know...

Thankyou!

Linda Young
Cultural Heritage, University of Canberra