From:
Laura Ann Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Feb 1995 03:32:17 GMT
To thoe interested in museum/school combinations here is a list
of the museum/schools I have so far discovered.

Philbrook Museum
Norman Nilsen, director
PO Box 52510
Tulsa, OK 74512

The Corcoran Gallery of Art
Marisa Keller, archivist
500 17th Street, NW
Washington, DC  20006

Capital Children's Museum
400 H Street NE
Washington, DC  ?

The Smithsonian Institution
Early Enrichment Center
ATTN: Sharon Shaffer
202-786-2531

LC Bates Museum at the Hinckley Home School
Deborah Staber
Route 201
Hinckley, ME  04944

Corporation for Jefferson's Poplar Forest
Barbara Heath
PO BOx 419
Forest, VA  24551

Ragged School Museum
46-48 Copperfield Rd.
Bow, London, E34RR
United Kingdom

Buffalo Museum of Science
Peter Dow
716-896-5200

Lakeview Museum of Arts and Sciences
Sheldon Schafer
1125 W.Lake Avenue
Peoria, IL  61614

Children's Museum About The World
615 Willard Place
Raleigh, NC  27603

Tsongas Industrial Center
400 Foot of John St.
Lowell, MA  01852

Ontario Science Center
Toronto, Ontario
Canada

My project is basically just an information gathering one. I am
taking a course called "museums in education" offfered in the
Curry School of Education at the University of Virginia. I am
looking for information on the history of these schools, their
description of the interaction between the school and the
museum, as well as the effect of the combination on various
factors; learning environment, curriculum development, museum
collection plans, administration, etc.