From:
GIVE PEAS A CHANCE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Nov 1994 06:37:00 EST
The Musee d'Histoire Naturelle in Paris itself puts out a brief history;
they are on-line and I've tried to find my email contacts...but alas..
will keep digging.

Try CNRS OR call the Paris M. d'Art Moderne library, it holds much
documentation on Paris cultural history.

I am not sure, but I beleive the mineral collections [which were initially
royal] were the heart of the original Musee and the horticultural collections
came shortly after. Colonialism and "science" were never strange bedfellows...

Will check files on Monday...good luck..GO FOR A VISIT

Lois