From:
Maria VanVreede <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Aug 2005 12:21:55 -0500
We are in the midst of a digitization project for our entire collection, and
we're using a Nikon D100.  After using the college's Nikon D70, though, I
would definately say go with the D70- the images come out just as perfectly
as the D100, but the D70 is much more user-friendly.

Currently, we are saving the RAW image straight off the camera and then
converting it to TIFF for the main use file.  When the images go on the web
they will be converted into JPEGs made from the TIFF file.  This process
seems to work the best for us, because the RAW images are more true-to-life
and are more versatile then the TIFF files that the camera takes.

Remember, also, that image viewing and browser software is just as important
as the camera you're choosing because it makes a difference in how the
colors are read between the camera and the computer.  Photoshop Elements 3
has worked well for us.

Maria VanVreede
Curatorial Asst.
Star of the Republic Museum