From:
"Mary L. Kirby" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jan 2004 15:04:24 -0600
Hi Jill,

I am from a very small museum and I take an opposite stand to the other

Our first membership drive was done with a January membership, but then
we had no money coming in for the rest of the year.

Now we have PastPerfect, and I use their membership software. Every other
month I run all the memberships which have come due in those two months
and mail them. For us, that comes to two or three dozen individuals or
families. The stamps can come out of cash flow, the computer prints the
letters, volunteers stuff the envelope, and we include a return envelope
which has the categories printed on it. The PastPerfect software allows
me to remind them of their  member number, category and amount from
previous years.

As a result, from the printing of the letters to the sealing of the
requests can be completed in two to three hours every other month, and
the money is distributed thoughout the year.

Mary Kirby
Historic Upshur Museum

P. S. Hope to see you at TAM.