From:
Nicholas Burlakoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Aug 2003 09:58:10 -0400
Miracles never end. Despite the fact that this thread has been running for a
number of days and, despite the fact that it is only marginally museum
related there have been no ill-tempered outcries for cessation of
discussion.  There have been no churlish outbursts that a lister who has
subscribed for the past fifty years is ceasing to subscribe because of the
non-professionally relevant postings. I also would be surprised if anyone,
who made a post on this topic received off-line barrages of insults and
personal invectives.

Could this be because the topic is a burning issue in the museum community
or our society? Could that be because our listers, who have a penchant for
defamatory an/or hysterical invective have seen the error of their ways?
Or, could it be because the topic is nostalgic to many and true fluff?

I don't have answers to these deep questions, but I do appreciate the number
of days of postings without rancor.

My own memories run to books-Kipling, Robert Luis Stevenson, Dickens, Dumas,
Sir Walter Scott and subscriptions to Boys Life. Yes, I had the Radio Flyer
wagon, the Davy Crockett coonskin cap, a Daisy BB gun and the Hopalong
Cassidy cap pistol but the books are still on my and my parent's shelves,
and their content is part of my character and value system
nburlakoff