From:
"Nancy S. Powell" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Aug 2003 12:51:24 -0400
I just sent a message, but more on this.

I don't remember what my parents received. I think Dads got ties on every
occassion, hankerchief sets in boxes from Sears, etc.

Indigo Nights brings up several things I remember also, like candy
cigarettes ( white sugar with red tips, or chocolate wrapped in paper or
foil, in cigarette boxes to look just like the real thing), Nik-l Lips or
something like that, wax bottles with colored sugar syrup inside, you'd bite
off the tops, suck out the juice, and chew the wax. These were probably more
summer time things than Christmas.

Lionel trains and train sets in general. My Dad made me a big train platform
and got electric trains for it. Since he didn't have any sons, I got to be
the tomboy, and he probably wanted to play with the trains too.

Nancy Drew books - I was an avid reader.

View Master- I still have mine.

Toy stoves and kitchen sets, fake plastic food that looked like the cans &
boxes in the grocery stores.

Nancy Powell