From:
"F. Jones" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jul 2003 04:36:26 -0700
Colleagues:

It seems that I accidentally sent my last message in
html instead of plain text. Many apologies! I'm still
on the upward slope of my yahoo mail learning curve.

For anyone who might have missed the original post,
the message is below:

Our science center is currently evaluating our
employee time off policies. To do so, we want to get
feedback on the following issues:

How many personal days do your staff members get per
year? How many holidays? How many sick days? How much
vacation? We're especially interested in how these
work in conjunction with each other (e.g. 6 personal
days but no holidays, all holidays but no personal
days, etc).

If you are open on holidays, which staff members are
required to work those days? If not everyone is
required to work, how do you decide who will be on
duty during open holidays? What is the policy for
staff who works holidays? Are they paid extra? Do they
get another day off in place of the holiday?

Does your museum have any policies in place to help
people with families (flex-time, sick time that can be
used to care for sick family members, job sharing,
etc?)

Answers can be emailed to me directly or sent to the
list if you think others would be interested in them.

Thank you in advance,

F. Jones