From:
David Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jul 2003 12:20:56 EDT
Elizabeth,

I have forwarded your message on to the communications director of the
American Institute for Conservation (AIC) to see if we can get a name and contact
information for a conservator in the region to be available as a source for
media in your area for public information. It is always great to have a real
person available to provide information and answer questions!

The important thing is for the public to be told to NOT throw anything of
personal or heirloom value away! There are recovery procedures that can save many
family treasures in almost any media.

One of the very best things I've seen is "Salvage at a Glance". A chart that
was published by the Western Association for Art Conservation (WAAC) in WAAC
Newsletter, Vol. 19, No. 2 (May 1997)

This can be found online on the WAAC site at:

http://palimpsest.stanford.edu/waac/wn/wn19/wn19-2/wn19-207.html

I hope this helps!

Cheers!
Dave