From:
Jay Heuman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Apr 2003 09:21:23 -0500
Apologies to all for this short addition to my post "Re: Docent and
Volunteer Programs":

Docents have a slightly more rigid requirement when it comes to time.
However, there can be no definite requirement, as one never knows how
many visitors/groups will request docents.  So, they roll with the
punches.  If it's a popular exhibition, docents might lead five or ten
tours each week.  If it's a slow time, they might lead one tour a week.

Volunteers in other areas may come in a few hours each week - in one
long block of time or several shorter blocks of time.  For special
exhibitions, I recruit/train 'Greeters' and 'Membership Sales'
volunteers - and 'Audio Guide' volunteers for an upcoming exhibition -
who must commit to any number of two-hour long blocks of time.  If they
sign up for three two-hour blocks, they receive a voucher for a free
'audio guide'.  Knowing my volunteers fairly well, they'll sign up for
far more than three!

Best wishes to all, sincerely,

Jay Heuman
Visitor & Volunteer Services Coordinator
Joslyn Art Museum