From:
Paula Lynch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Oct 2002 13:28:59 -0400
Mark,

I confess my day yesterday was challenging as well and I may have been a
tad snippy in return.  I apologize.

Further, I would never judge a candidate on a physical attribute like
spinach in his/her teeth, because, not only it could be me with the
vegetation stuck, but also I'm sure that person could still more that
likely produce effective work with said spinach in place.  But, would I
hire an Executive Assistant or Grant Writer who submitted a cover letter
with typos, or better yet, a Controller with errors on a resume?  The
answer is still no.  But it is important to note the reason for my response
in the first place.  The original poster asked for HR advice.  I thought it
important to mention my experience here at the Museum.  Some people are
clueless when it comes to the fundamentals of the job process and I can
tell you, I've seen it all, from resumes cross outs and corrections in pen,
to letters and resumes sent in previously used envelops printed on the back
of previously used paper, to applicants who don't even get the name of the
institution right.  I tell you, it doesn't make a good first impression.

Peace,

Paula Lynch
Museum of the City of New York