From:
Jane Deisler-Seno <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 08:32:22 -0500
We treat Scout programs like school groups - 1 adult free for every 5 scouts, with a required ratio of 1:10, and school group fees apply per Scout. Extra adults pay the full admission fee. We find that Boy Scouts in particular need a bit more control so we may have to rethink that in their case. Cub Scouts, Girl Scouts, Indian Guides, and Camp Fire groups typically are no problem.

We charge a fee per troop/pack group of up to 20 Scouts, rather than per scout, for our Webelos badge programs. We have partnered with the local GS Council to offer a special patch activity - since it is self-guided, and since the Council prints the booklets, makes the patches, advertises the program, and handles payment for the patches, we charge school group admission, no extra program fee, with the 1:5 free adult:paid Scout ratio.

We also partner with the Lexington Museum-by-the-Bay overnight program, where Scout groups pay adult group rates as part of their registration at the Lex, and we invoice the Lex and get paid by them. Their visits are self-guided, mostly Boy Scout troops, and typically include climbing fences, going through doors that say "no admission," and general rough-housing.

Jane Deisler-Seno
Corpus Christi Museum of Science and History
1900 North Chaparral
Corpus Christi, TX 78414