From:
Lucy Sperlin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 21:10:22 -0800
Dee,

Consider suggesting options which include both film negative and digital
images. One does not preclude the other. I am currently working on a
project for Calif. State Parks Cultural Resources Division in which the
same concerns arose. We decided to use high quality 35 mm photography,
and order a CD with every roll of film processed. It actually cost only
$2 more per roll when the CD is made at the time of processing, and will
be well worth it.

With the increased availability of, and enchantment with, digital
photography which, yes, is wonderful, I think what you are doing is
extremely important and I hope you'll make available your position
statement when it's done. A published paper or 'tech leaflet' on the
topic would be a fabulous contribution too, if you could find time.

Lucy Sperlin
Heritage Management
Chico, CA