From:
Dante Ruzinok <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Jan 2002 11:30:42 -0800
In my first year of graduate studies, in Museum
Professions, it was suggested that I sign up for this
listerve by instructors/museum professionals. i was
told that the information found here would not only
be benificial to my education of the museum field but
also as a means of entering the field. In one day, on
the list, I can find six different uses for ethafoam,
four different contacts who can help with shipping,
critiques on digital image tansfers, personal and
professional opinions of the field, where the future
jobs may be and the internships that seem to be a
prerequisite. Now, in my final semester, I have an
internship due in great part to a listing of
internships by Indigo. In the several months I looked
for the most appropriate internships to apply, I read
the NYT, Artswire, Aviso, MuseumJobs, excetra. Indigo,
however, listed a position that I had overlooked. It
was asked who might want 'Those jobs anyway?' I for
one do and needless to say will be in Indigo's corner
holding her waterbottle.