From:
Edward Baker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 10:50:58 -0400
Doon Heritage Crossroads in Waterloo, Ontario has an "award winning" new (3
years old) curatorial, conservation and storage facility.

The curatorial/conservation/storage phase of AMERC (the American Maritime
Education and Research Center), a new facility at Mystic Seaport, is
nearing completion and should be ready for visitors in the fall.  The next
two phases, the boat hall and the visitor use area are in the planning
stage.  As a gauge of the size of the project, when the concrete was poured
for the floor of phase one, we determined that an acre of floor space was
being created.

Edward

>Date:    Tue, 13 Mar 2001 13:10:27 -0400
>From:    Anne Marr <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Planning new facility
>
>The New Brunswick Museum is in the very early stages of planning for a new
>purpose-built collections facility.  We would appreciate any advice or
>suggestions from colleagues who have had experience in this sort of project
>in the last 5-10 years.  The Museum's collections are made up of Humanities,
>Natural Sciences and Archives and Research Library.  If anyone has ideas on
>how we should proceed (or pitfalls we should avoid) I welcome any and all
>
>Thanks in advance
>
>Anne Marr
>Registrar
>New Brunswick Museum