From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Feb 2001 13:41:09 -0800
Which reminds me of the protections in place for
children in shelters for the abused.  You are not
allowed to photograph face front these children.  You
can show the backs of their heads and other masking
photos, but not their faces.

Unless you're absolutely convinced where your visitors
are coming from, you could be putting a child from a
group home at risk.  The child may have had to testify
against her/his parent, and there could be all manner
of problems.

In addition, my understanding (nonlegal) is that we
own our own image.  If it could be shown that such
pictures were done to advance the musuem that charges
a fee, there could be a residual effect.

--- Pamela Sezgin <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Dear Listers,
>
> School systems in Georgia and some in Florida have
> policies against using
> children's photographs on the web.     Friends and
> relatives who are teachers
> have told me that it is ok to just use "hand shots"
> for example of the hands
> of students in an arts class
> creating clay figurines or whatever, but actual
> photos of their faces are
> avoided.
>
> The reasoning of school system personnel is that
> exact representations of the
> children are banned for security reasons.

=====
Indigo Nights