From:
Lisa Gensel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Feb 2001 00:49:04 -0000
Hello!

MNBA (the credit card company) runs a corporate museum similar to the one
you mention at their headquarters in Wilmington, Delaware. The museum traces
the company's history. They especially concentrate on past advertising
campaigns and credit card partnerships with outside institutions, but also
have scale models of all MBNA office buildings, films on MBNA's development,
and some focus on employee events, such as annual picnics, charity work,
etc.

I toured this facility as part of a grad school seminar, so I am unsure if
all new MBNA employees are exposed to the exhibits, but I do know that the
company uses the space to educate/entertain potential credit card partners
(MBNA produces many of the specialty cards supporting institutions or
organizations, such as a University of Delaware Master Card). The museum is
also managed entirely by one individual, who designs new exhibits, gives
tours like the one I experienced, is responsible for collections care, and
manages MBNA's archive, also in Wilmington.

I can't tell you much more about their programming, as I was only there
once, but I hope this information will be of use to you!

Cheers,
Lisa
----Original Message Follows----
I wonder some kind person could provide me with information of the Corporate
museums which are NOT open to the public. I am interested in those who are
run specially as training 'camp' for fresh people or skill development
centers for their employees.

I know Microsoft Museums is one of these.