From:
Roy Hemmat <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jul 2000 07:43:11 GMT
Hmm. Artifact replicas. I'm going to reiterate what others have already
said. That is, that you'll have to be more specific about what
type/category of artifact replicas you are looking for. It might help also
to specify how the replicas will be used. Will they be handled by kids?
Will they be used to illustrate the anthropology/ethnology behind the
cultures that crafted the originals? Or,  in the case of paleontological
replicas, to illustrate specific geological concepts or periods? Are you
willing to sacrifice "quality" for cost savings? I could go on and on. (I
used to develope replicas for museum shops, so .. I have some perspective
on the subject)

Care for another resource to get your brain cells in a tizzy? I have a list
of museum shops that are online. You might get some more ideas by visiting
some of these online shops. (Please note that I have not updated this list
in quite a while, however)

You can find it at http://museumstuff.com/shop

Roy Hemmat
http://museumstuff.com - Find 1000's of museum
links and resources .. sign up for our FREE newsletter.