From:
Alex Barker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 May 2000 19:01:32 -0500
Thanks to everyone who replied to my request for information on the use of
proceeds from the sale of deaccesioned collections.

Our own policies state that proceeds can only be used for the acquisition of
specimens or direct care of specimens.  As the author, I know what I had in
mind with that phrase, but different folks seem to have broader or narrower
definitions, and as it it the same language used in the AAM code, I'm
curious if I'm the narrow constructionist, or others excessiveli liberal.
So I'd be grateful if anyone could provide the specific language other
museums use to define direct care.

Thanks again.

AB

Alex W. Barker, Ph.D., RPA
Curator of Archaeology
Dallas Museum of Natural History
PO Box 150349 Dallas, TX 75315-0349
(214) 421-3466 ext. 244 [log in to unmask]