From:
John Veverka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 2018 17:18:50 -0500

Heritage Interpretation Training Center
Spring 2018 Coursesfor Interpreters and Museum Education Staff

Are you getting spring fever?  Getting ready for spring interpretivetraining for new or seasonal staff, and planning for new experiences andinterpretive media?  Here are a few ofour “spring training” courses to help you get ready for your new season.  Just click on the link to visit that courseweb site page for details on the course content.
Planning/Designing Interpretive Panels e-LIVE Course - 10 Unitsawarding 1.5 CEU Credits $125.00.  Do your panels Provoke, Relate andReveal?  Are they “interpretive” or just Wikipediaon a stick?  This course will help youplan and design “real” interpretive panels.
http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_panels_course.html

Planning Interpretive Trails e-LIVE Course - 13 Units - 2.5 CEUCredits $200.00
Self guiding trails need an interpretivetheme, objectives and a story that visitors can remember.  You can also use “Markets of One” concepts tohave one trail tell 20 stories.
http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_trails_course.html

Interpretive Writing e-LIVE Course - 8 Units and 2 CEU Credits$200.00
Our most popular course for learning howto say it in less than 100 amazing words and have the visitors remember it.
http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_writing_course.html

Training for Interpretive Trainers e-LIVE Course - 11 Units and 2CEU Credits. $200.00
This is our popular course for sitemanagers and lead interpreters – our techniques for teaching interpretation toothers, with a new text book and discovery activities.
http://www.heritageinterp.com/training_for_interp_trainers.html

A supervisors guide to Critiquing and Coaching Your InterpretiveStaff, Eleven Units, 1.6 CEU Credits. $175.00
So yougo out on a walk or watch a program with new or seasonal staff, and the programcould use some “help”.  Just what are thetechniques for “coaching” your interpretive staff?
http://www.heritageinterp.com/critiquing_and_coaching_interpretive_staff.html

Interpretive Master Planning - e-LIVE. 13 Units, 3 CEU Credits. $275.00
Does your park, historic site, zoo orbotanical garden have (or need) an interpretive plan or an updated one?  You can work on your interpretive plan aspart of this course with coaching from the course instructor and certifiedinterpretive planner.
http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_master_planning_course.html

Interpretive Planning for Historic Homes andGardens. 12 Units - 3 CEU credits $225.00 USD
http://www.heritageinterp.com/interp_planning_for_historic_homes.html

Planningand Managing Interpretive Outreach Programs.
(Taking your interpretive services "on the road".) 12 Units - 2 CEU Credits($150.00)
http://www.heritageinterp.com/developing_interpretive_outreach_programs.html

Planning for Interpretive Experiences.  Employing The Experience Economy, Markets of One and
Experiential Planning Concepts and Strategies For HeritageSites and Attractions.
Thirteen Units, 2.5 CEU Credits, Course tuition $300.00
http://www.heritageinterp.com/planning_for_interpretive_experiences.html

These are just a few of our 39 college level courses in heritageinterpretation.  You can start a courseat any time and finish the course at your own pace.  You can see all of our courses at our coursecatalog:
http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_training_center_course_catalogue_.html

If you have any questions about any course feel free to contactme.

Cheers,
John Veverka
Director, Heritage Interpretation Training Center
Twitter: www.twitter.com/jvainterp