From:
Sarah Gillis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Mar 2018 14:52:09 +0000
Hi Erica,

My instinctual reaction is to not give the refused for collection object an accession number.  We have faced a couple similar scenarios, but they were all handled differently by my predecessors.

I would accession the clock you want, and leave the other clock with its temporary/incoming number and make sure that its “status” in the collection is as an “apparatus” and not “collection” It’ll throw off your collection counts otherwise.

It’s also easily tracked in different databases. My workflow is based off of TMS. Happy to share off list-serv if you’re interested.

Best Regards,

Sarah Gillis associate registrar, collection documentation

WORCESTER ART MUSEUM / worcesterart.org<http://www.worcesterart.org/>

fifty-five salisbury street / worcester, massachusetts 01609

direct 508.793.4427 / general 508.799.4406