From:
Rae Mathis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2018 19:22:34 +0000
We had a former curator put on a "White Elephant Sale" of items that did not fall within the museum's mission statement. We published in local papers for 90 days that loan items could be picked up or the individuals could donate the items to the museum. We also wrote letters to the individuals. If they did not by the end of that period, the items became the property of the museum.

Let me put it this way...that was almost eleven years ago and we are still trying to win the trust of our community. It was the fiasco that 'be not named.'

Rae Mathis
Museum Curator
Oren Dunn City Museum
(662) 841-6438, Office