From:
Michael Rebman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jul 2019 08:30:49 -0600
Greetings,

I used to work at a museum that seemed to buy LED candles by the hundreds,
between the Día de los Muertos decorations and the farolitos for
Christmas.  I have not had any issue at my current museum, but I know that
sometimes people need to hear reasons instead of a recitation of policy.
For example, "we are in middle of a desert and it is very windy here" or
"the ground is fairly dry and there are too many old wooden outbuildings in
this spot" or "city ordnance bans open flames on municipal properties, and
the city fire marshal lives down the street", are far more compelling than
"policy forbids candles and other open flames".

Thank you,

Michael R. <[log in to unmask]>