From:
Keni Sturgeon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jan 2019 09:45:27 -0800
Hi all and Happy New Year!

I'm posting this potion for the Wenatchee Valley Museum & Cultural Center.

Best,
Keni Sturgeon

The Wenatchee Valley Museum & Cultural Center (WVMCC) fosters dynamic
connections to the history, cultural traditions and arts of the Wenatchee
Valley. A vibrant mid-size museum, the WVMCC is a vital hub for creating
community connections with our region's unique heritage and arts through
creative, interdisciplinary programs, exhibits, and publications. The WVMCC
seeks an experienced, collaborative and innovative leader to strengthen and
grow the Museum’s education and programming initiatives.

A key position with the Museum, the *Curator of Education & Programs* is
instrumental in creating and executing a short- and long-term vision for
the Museum’s educational and programmatic efforts, which currently include
offerings at our downtown Museum and at the Historic Wells House for
families, adults, schools (both in and out of school time), and the general
public, as well as overseeing our new makerspace. This role works with the
Museum’s leadership, curators, and education team to cultivate and manage
relationships with the community. WVMCC is committed to enriching
educational experiences and our community’s culture, and our expectation is
that the successful candidate will excel at working in a growing, diverse
community.

This position works collaboratively with the Curator of Collections and the
Curator of Exhibits in the development and implementation of a
comprehensive strategy for Exhibits, Programs, and Collections; and
creating and delivering high-quality educational initiatives that make the
Museum’s collections and exhibits meaningful for and accessible to museum
visitors and the community. They partner with the Museum’s Marketing team
helping to effectively position the Museum’s stories to gain wider
visibility and increased visitation. They also work closely with the Event
Rental Coordinator to ensure program participants, museum guests, and those
renting spaces at either the Museum or the Wells House for events have the
best possible experience. The work requires a high degree of collaboration
and flexibility, accompanied by creative thinking, vivid storytelling, and
leadership skills.

To see the full position description and for application instructions,
please visit:

https://www.wenatcheevalleymuseum.org/employment-opportunities/