From:
John Veverka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Aug 2019 13:07:34 +0000

InterpNEWS

Special Climate Change/Global Warming Interpretive Resource Issue

Call for Articles

Given the disasters associated with climate change and global warming, I’m working on a special issue of InterpNEWS on these topics.  This special issue will be in addition to our normal Nov/Dec 2019 issue that will be sent out in mid October, and this special issue will be sent out in mid November.  My goal is to make this collection of articles a “resource tool” for interpreters, agencies, organizations, and anyone interpreting climate change to their visitors and how climate change may affect (currently or in the future) their own communities or regions.

This special issue will be sent out to over 300K who receive IN in 60 countries.  Deadline for receiving articles for this special issue will be the 1st of November, 2019.

Article topics of interest:

- Your current interpretive programs on climate change and global warming.

- How you address climate change issues that relate to your region or country.

- Do you have any exhibits on climate change and global warming?

- National and international impacts to habitats due to climate change.

- How climate change will affect local and national agriculture.

- How rising sea levels will affect (are affecting) your regions shorelines and coastal towns.

- Things we can do to help stop the expansion of climate change.

- Teaching climate change issues to school groups.

- Interpreting climate issues via your web site and web site pages.

- Climate change information packages/resources you may have available to share.

- Links to resource sites you’d like to share.
- How you respond to “climate change deniers”- Any other topics or ideas you would like to share.

I have already been collecting articles on international research and climate change impacts worldwide from NASA, NOAA, National Geographic and University studies.

If you’d like to be part of this special issue on how you interpret climate change and global warming impacts,  let me know so I can plan ahead.

Take what you have learned and how you interpret this topic and let’s pass it on to others.

Note that InterpNEWS is sent FREE to our subscribers as a service to the interpretive and museum professions.

John Veverka

InterpNEWS Publisher