From:
valerie colston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Jan 2018 12:07:59 -0800
*It's Fun to be Green @ the Museum *

For more information and to enroll follow the link

[log in to unmask]" target="_blank">http:[log in to unmask]

*Course Description-**This workshop looks at art with a **green** perspective.
Long before it was popular to care about the environment artists such as
Monet, van Gogh, Moran, and others appreciated and were instrumental in
helping others to see the beauty and power of nature. *

Art Projects that include flower and garden themes will be introduced.

* Georgia O'Keeffe helped us to see flowers up close much like a camera. *

*Assemblage artists used recycled objects in their art.*

*Learn how to make recycled art projects.*

*  The Pop, and Earth artists explored conservation and eco themes in their
content. In contemporary time period artists such as Wyland help us to
understand the importance of Ocean life through his talented compositions.
There are many artists using recycling themes or materials to create their
own unique style and inspire others.*

*  This workshop shows you how to discuss and direct young museum visitors
to ecological insights while learning about art.  You will also discover
hands on projects and green activities to share with your Age 5-12
visitors.*

*Class Starts Today January 15, 2018, Join the class through January 22,
2018.*

Comments from the previous included:

*Thanks for putting on the class.  It was awesome.*

*I really enjoy creating the recycled planters with my students. It was fun
to give them the opportunity to create but also the component of actually
planting of a plant. I like getting new ideas and would love to hear more
ideas on museum based projects for young students*.

*I have been inspired by the Georgia O'Keefe flower paintings. I would love
to look at one of her pieces of artwork and discuss the purposes of flowers
for plants. After our discussion, students could create their own version
using construction paper. I was inspired by the pin on pinterest from one
of the discussions for this activity*!

*I am inspired by the video about painting with fruits and vegetables. . .*

*Course Title*-*It’s Fun to Be Green!   Looking at Art with "green" eyes
for Curators, Museum Educators, Docents, Volunteers, Teachers, and
Homeschool Parents (Ages 5-12 Emphasis)*

*Sign up at*

[log in to unmask]" target="_blank">http:[log in to unmask]