From:
Michael Rebman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 2018 10:43:05 -0700
My tiny, rural, out in middle of nowhere museum in New Mexico has received
NEH and IMLS funds.  So have the larger institutions in New Mexico and
other parts of this region.  Perhaps it is not discrimination, but simply
not enough funds for everybody, especially in densely populated areas like
New England.  The insufficient funding needs to be addressed, especially in
light of the damage the new tax law will do to our field and to related
fields.  I have heard the same thing at museum foundation meetings, Kiwanis
meetings, and fraternal foundation meetings, that average people lost a tax
incentive to donate to charitable organizations, which will hurt us when it
comes to raising funds.

Thank you,

Michael R
​.​