From:
John Veverka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Aug 2018 13:25:34 -0400

InterpNEWS

The International Heritage Interpretation e-Magazine

Hi folks.  The Sep/Oct issue of InterpNEWS is finished and will be sent out soon.  Here are the articles that are in the Sep/Oct 2018 issue.  Subscriptions to InterpNEWS are free.  I have also provided a “Call for Articles” for our Nov/Dec 2018 issue.

If you would like to receive InterpNEWS please feel free to let me know and you’ll be added to our mailing list.

In The Sep/Oct 2018 Issue:

-Meet our regional editors

-Interpreting the Day of the Dead - 3000 years of cultural heritage.

-Interpreting Halloween. The History Channel Staff.

-Why Leaves Change Color in the Autumn – USDA Forest Service

-Don’t Have the “Real Thing” at Your Site? So What!  Chris Brusatte,

-Shining a positive light on beacons. Dan Boys

-New Media Technology – Helping Museums & Cultural Sites Navigate Funding Challenges Van Hoose

-Writing the World - Judy Fort Brenneman

- Inclusive Design - Accessible Interpretation -Kate Lindley

-Exhibition Development – the (Most Important) Basics -  Patricia Grimshaw

-Sound from the Ground -East Perth Cemeteries Perth, Western Australia - Sarah Murphy

-Interpreting Deep-water Sandstone -Origins of the turbidity current concept - Edward Clifton

-Let Your Passion Show Speaking Tip 45 - Eathan Rotman

-The Special Interpretive Magic of “Living History” .by Ron Kley

-It was Wright, right? Wrong! by Ron Kley

-“Remembering a Christmas Party” .  Dr. Martha Benn Macdonald

-Using interpretive programs and media to help accomplish management objectives. John Veverka--
-Interpretation Marketplace.

Call for articles for our Nov/Dec 2018 issue.

The Sep/Oct 2018 of InterpNEWS will be sent out to our 300,000  readers in 60 countries on the 15th of August.  InterpNEWS reaches more in the heritage interpretation/education profession than any other publication and is sent FREE as a service to the interpretive profession.  The current and back issues of IN are also posted on (can be read on) www.issuu.com/interpnews.

Articles of interest for future IN issues could include but not be limited to:

- Interpretive and visitor studies research.

- Interpretive magic and medical issues.

- Interpretive programs/activities for school groups.

- Interpretation in museums.

- New exhibitions and exhibit techniques.

- Interpreting historic food preparation and historic agriculture.

- Living history interpretation

- Interpreting natural history issues and global warming.

- Innovative interpretation in zoos and botanical gardens.

- Interpretation using music.

- New interpretive technologies

- Graduate student research projects and results in interpretation.

- Developing and managing volunteer programs.

- Interpretation for disabled visitors.

- Any other interpretive program or services you want to share with so many worldwide.

Deadline for the Nov/Dec 2018 issue is the 15th of October, 2018.

Article length is open - and if you have any questions feel free to ask or review past articles on the IN issue posting: www.issuu.com/interpnews.

NEW - We continue to add new Regional Editors and Topical Editors to our team.  If you're interested in being one of our editors, let me know and we can chat about your role and your benefits.

Cheers,

John Veverka

IN Editor/Publisher

Assoc. Editor, the Journal of Interpretation Research