Date:
Mon, 8 Apr 2019 18:30:06 -0700
***Les Bénévoles 2019 Volunteer Event**
As part of the ARCS conference in Philadelphia this year, we will hold a
day of volunteerism at local museums for attendees. We are now soliciting
project proposals for the event, which will take place on Wednesday,
November 6th, 2019, prior to the start of the conference.

Your project proposal MUST include the following:
-A description of your organization (size, type of collection(s), number of
staff, number of volunteers), and why you need help
-The number of volunteers your organization can reasonably accommodate
-The names and titles of staff who will be on hand to assign projects and
supervise the volunteers
-Confirmation that you will be able to host this event on November 6th
(10am -4pm)
-Indicate whether you will be able to help with transportation to and from
the conference hotel
And most important of all:
-List in as much detail as possible the projects that you would like
assistance with (examples of past projects include: cataloging objects;
inventorying discreet collections; rehousing costumes and archives;
condition reporting objects, and assessing condition/conservation concerns
in exhibit areas)
-List the supplies that you will need for these projects *that you do not
already have on hand*

If your organization is selected as a host, ARCS WILL SUPPLY THE FOLLOWING:
-The requisite number of trained collections professionals to volunteer for
the day
-Transportation to and from the hotel for the volunteers (unless you can
help out)
-Supplies for the projects (that's why we'll need a detailed list as far in
advance as possible, so we can order the supplies for you)

You can have a day of professional assistance for FREE! That's certainly
worth taking the time to write up a proposal, right?  Submit your proposal
by Friday May 31, 2019 to [log in to unmask]  Please use subject line:
“Philadelphia - Bénévoles Proposal”

We look forward to volunteering for you!

***#ARCSChat May 7th: Ask Us Anything***
May 7th’s  #ARCSchat will be an "Ask Me Anything" session with the entire
crew in addition to our ARCS president, Danielle Bennett. We hope to
mediate a discussion on topics that might be important to you but haven't
been covered already this season. With that in mind, please send in any
questions ahead of time to @ARCS4all on Twitter, Facebook, or the forum on
the ARCS website. We'll also take them live as usual.

https://twitter.com/arcs4all
https://www.facebook.com/arcs4all
https://www.arcsinfo.org/forum

***Vote for Your ARCS Board ***
ARCS members should have received an email asking you to vote for the
newest members of our Board. If you didn’t get it, please let us know at

***Newsflash From a Member***
Are you an ARCS member who is presenting at a conference? Hosting a
workshop?  Let us know and we will include you in our next update. Email us
at [log in to unmask]  and include “Newsflash From a Member” in the subject
line.

***Important Dates***
-May 7, 2019. #ARCSchat on Twitter. Participate and follow here-
https://twitter.com/arcs4all